1. Provide an accurate shipping quote immediately. Customers prefer to know all costs up front rather than placing an order for a product and being surprised with unexpected shipping costs.
2. Include a coupon that customers can apply toward their next purchase. This gesture serves the dual purpose of pleasing a client and increasing your potential for more orders in the future.
3. Offer free shipping. While this strategy may not be feasible with low-margin orders or those that only cost a few dollars, free shipping can sometimes be the factor that leads a customer to finalize a purchase.
4. Establish a rewards system through which customers can accumulate points. Customers enjoy being rewarded for their loyalty. A points system offers an incentive for your customers to continue to buy from you while providing enjoyment for the customer.
5. Periodically hold fun contests and giveaways for your customers. Examples of effective promotions include drawings for free products and holiday giveaways with orders reaching a certain monetary threshold.